DIY

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

What I love

Because I know I'll have multiple posts about the loves in my life, I figured it was a good idea to introduce you all to them!!

This is my husband, Ted:

Ted and I met at a wedding on July 21, 2007. He was an usher and I was a guest. We didn't meet until that evening when we both happened to be at the reception at the bar (of all places to meet!). He was trying to be cool and bounce a quarter into my friend, Jessica's, drink (she was also in the wedding so they knew each other) but he failed. Jessica in turn tried to bounce the quarter into Ted's drink, she missed and hit the personal attendant, who LAUNCHED the quarter in our direction. The quarter hit me in the chest and I shrieked like a typical girl. Ted made a comment about it (which I won't repeat as it was a little rude). So me, being the smart a*$ I am, I bounce the quarter on the table and where does it land but right smack dab in his drink!

The look on his face was priceless!!!

After this, he was following me around the reception, trying to get this quarter into my drink. This led to flirting, dancing, and when the reception was over, an invitation to go to a local bar where the wedding party was going to be. The bar happened to be in the hotel I was staying at so I said yes.

We talked the night away into the wee hours of the morning. He was a perfect gentleman the entire time. Before long, it was 4 am and we both were getting tired, so he asked if I had a pen and paper. I handed them to him and he laughs and said "I asked because I wanted to get your number." I scribbled down my number and we bid each other a good night.

Ted called me a week later. We talked on the phone for a few weeks before we went out on our first date on August 17, 2007. Ted showed up in his '97 Cavalier (I must admit I was a little turned off when I saw what he drove) and he took me to a dinner and a movie.

Dinner took place at:



The movie was:

Dinner was great. The movie, not so much. I wasn't a fan of the movie, probably because it was our first date and there was some twisted, raunty stuff in that movie. But overall, the night was great! (obviously, since we are married today)

This is Rainey:

We rescued Rainey from our local humane society in September 2008, when she was 3 months old. She is a border-collie mix (mixed with what you ask - we aren't sure). She is spoiled and she is stubborn - she is like our child. And we couldn't imagine life without her. She can make a bad day good again with her excited wag of the tail when you walk in the door. And how couldn't you love that adorable face?

These two are my life right now. They keep me sane and happy. Someday we'll give Rainey a brother or sister, however, we just aren't there yet!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment