DIY

Saturday, November 3, 2012

October has come and gone...on to November

Hello friends!

Hope October treated everyone well!!! It was definitely the longest month for me. We were SO busy. And I don't really have anything to show for it.

Work has been CRAZY. October began the first month of our fiscal year (our fiscal year is October 1 to September 30). So since 2012 was a hard year for us meeting goals, they are pushing us HARD, right off the bat, to succeed in 2013. So needless to say, we've been stressed at work and trying hard to get a good push into 2013.

At home it's been a little crazy as well. October was full of hospital visits....luckily not for me. I had FOUR friends have babies in the month of October, so loved going to see the little babies (all girls) and "ooh" and "aah" over those beautiful little faces, and get to see them change so much in only a month.  (Note: no, Ted and I are still not ready to create a little one of our own. Rainey is handful enough for us at the moment...I mean look at how spoiled she is). :-)


Rainey and her duck (she brings that thing with her everywhere)

My grandmother also suffered a stroke at the end of October, but luckily, all is well with her. It was quite the shock, as she is such a strong woman. She is the only grandmother I have left (my mother's mom passed away in the summer of 1995 and I still miss her terribly), so I'm definitely not ready to be left in this world without her. She has so much knowledge and is the best person I know. She is so kind and caring and one of the best cooks I know!!! Her strawberry pie is To. Die. For!!! I was glad I was able to go to the hospital and be there for her, and I know she greatly appreciated it as well. So I'm really looking forward to the holdiays coming up to spend more time with that wonderful lady. (ugh, I'm tearing up just writing it).


This is a picture of my grandparents: Esther (my father's mother) and Rollie (my mother's father).
Ted and I had a little get-together in mid-October to celebrate being DONE with the major renovations. All that is left is painting trim and doors. I can handle that :) The get together was so much fun...maybe a little too much fun since I didn't go to bed until after 3 am. And that is LATE for this girl...I'm no spring chicken anymore, that is for sure. We love our friends and were so glad they came to celebrate with us.

October also was the start of my Weight Watchers journey. I am happy to announce that I am 7 pounds lighter than I was when I started the month of October. My goal was 5 pounds, so the extra 2 was a terrific bonus. My goal for November is another 5 pounds and to increase my workouts to at least 3 times a week (since I'm doing next to nothing right now).

I've been actively trying to get our house decluttered. It is amazing how much junk you accumulate after four years (and the junk you bring in your house that you accumulated before that). So weekly I'm taking hauls to the garbage or Goodwill. Slowly, we are getting closer and closer on getting the house on the market. Now if we could only agree on where we wanted to go to next. :)

Hope you had a wonderful October and an even better November. We are now in the holiday season (as I just heard Christmas music at the mall yesterday), so I hope everyone has a wonderful holiday season as well!!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment